Pages

Sunday 20 November 2016

The spookiest Halloween

Halloween is about dressing up, having fun, and most of all having a good scare! To me it's also about crunchy leaves, hot chocolates, and general Autumny goodness, but this year it was spent in Australia so it was Spring instead (don't even get me started on Christmas in Summer).


This year I managed to fit a lot of spookiness into the days surrounding Halloween. First off, I went to the Perth Zombie Walk, which included a walk around Northbridge with lots of zombies, in order to raise money and awareness for the Brain Foundation. Some costumes were so realistic, it felt like being in The Walking Dead.




Saturday night was spent dancing to a live band with a few Halloween themed songs thrown into the mix. I particularly enjoyed the mash up of Teenage Dirtbag (Wheatus) and Teenagers (MCR). I wasn't really sure how to do my make-up and I was limited to eye liner and lipstick so I looked at a few ideas on Pinterest and ended up with a clown/ doll type look.

Me and Amy all spooked up.

On the day of Halloween me and my sister Amy checked out of our hostel in Perth and made our way over to Fremantle. A few things went wrong along the way but once we were at our new hostel it suddenly started to get spooky... because it was in an old prison and we were staying in a cell! To be honest it wasn't actually scary, in fact it was quite a luxury to have a private room instead of dorms for a few nights. I just loved the novelty of staying somewhere with a dark history on Halloween night.



Later on in the week I did the Torchlight Tour of Fremantle Prison, which was really interesting and just the right amount of spook factor. It was quite an experience to walk out of the tour, where I'd been hearing such terrible stories, and round the corner to the women's part of the prison, where I was sleeping.


I hope you all had a spooktacular Halloween. Now it's time to get excited about Christmas. Now that's the real scary thing right there, it's terrifying how fast this past year has gone.

J  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post any tips, questions or comments. Remember to leave the link to your blog if you have one!!