Pages

Friday 11 November 2016

I think it's about time for a life update

It's been seven months since my last blog post and so much has happened. Last time you heard from me, I was at Hong Kong airport about to fly to Bali to do turtle conservation. I'd been wanting to do a programme like that for as long as I can remember and it was exactly what I needed, when I needed it.





Just before Bali I took a job doing traffic marshalling near where I live. Because of that job, I found another company doing event work and I eneded up working lots of events throuhout the summer. I got to push cars out of the mud at Glastonbury. When Prince Phillip kept appearing out of nowhere at the Windsor Horse Show, in either his car or his horse and carriage, I had to work out where he was trying to go and hold the traffic - I swear he went a different direction everytime just to mess with me! There were a lot of hard times as well, standing in the rain for a 14 hour shift isn't much fun, luckily the good days outweighed the bad and overall it was a great experience.


My last event was Reading Festival, which was my third time going and I just love it so much. I worked most the time so didn't get to see many bands (unfortunately I couldn't hear Fall Out Boy or Good Charlotte from my car park) but I did get to watch Frank Turner kick off the main stage which was amazing.


Then I spent a month preparing to come to Australia on a working holiday visa with my sister Amy. And now we're here in Perth, and have been for just over a month!



I know I may be one of the few saying it right now but 2016 you're going pretty well so far.

J :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post any tips, questions or comments. Remember to leave the link to your blog if you have one!!